Registration and Payment Terms
The following information is important to note as you finalize your registration for Teen Mission
Space Limited/Wait List Procedures/Bus Placements
- Space is limited. Applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- After two buses reach capacity, applicants will be added to a waitlist, pending the filling of an additional bus.
- A full refund will be given if applicant is unable to be placed on a bus.
- Bus placements are made according to congregational membership and space availability. Placement may also be affected by date of completed application and up-to-date payments.
- Alternate bus placements cannot be guaranteed.
Mission Fee & Fuel Surcharge
- The Teen Mission is a community-based trip and is subsidized by Detroit Federation’s Annual Campaign. Federation’s subsidized fee for TM18 is $5,949 (includes flights, accommodations, meals, program activities). Spending money for snacks and gifts is not included.
- Fee reflects subsidy provided to all participants living in Metropolitan Detroit. Participants living outside of Metropolitan Detroit must pay full cost of the trip. Please contact the Teen Mission office for more details: 248-952-9030.
- A surcharge may be imposed due to increased fuel costs—not to exceed $200 per participant. You will be notified by May 20, 2016.
Deposit, Refund Policy, Payment and Scholarship Information
- A $500 deposit or, if applying for financial aid, a $100 deposit, per Participant, is due upon registration. Applications received after 4/1/18 must be paid in full at the time of registration.
- An additional $2,000 non-refundable, non-transferable payment, or an additional $1,000 non-refundable, non-transferable payment, if applying for a scholarship, is due 1/5/18. Failure to remit payment by 1/5/18 may result in the cancellation of your teen’s registration. All remaining Teen Mission fees are due in full by 4/1/18. Failure to pay in full by 4/1/18 may result in the loss of any early discounts received or cancellation the teen’s eligibility. A $100 late fee will be assessed to each teen for fees received after 4/1/16.
- Deposits become non-refundable and non-transferable on 12/15/17. Cancellations made prior to 1/5/18 will be charged a $250 (or $100 if applying for financial aid) processing fee for each Participant. Any cancellations after 1/5/18 will result in a forfeited deposit. Deposits are not transferable. After 6/1/18, all Teen Mission fees are non-refundable.
- All payments will be fully refunded (upon written request) ONLY if the Teen Mission is postponed or cancelled prior to departure in the sole discretion of the Teen Mission.
- In consideration of the subsidy from Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit, need-based scholarship applications from the Teen Mission are available only after exhausting all other financial sources (your congregation, community organizations, and family members). The Teen Mission office will advise families as to the date when applications can be received.
The applicant’s acceptance to the 2018 Teen Mission will be based on the following:
- Completion and review of all registration information.
- The agreement on the part of the parent/guardian and the applicant to abide by the rules and regulations of the program, the determination by the applicant’s doctor and our program office that (s)he is able to participate in the program.
- The successful completion of pre-trip requirements as directed by the Rabbi, Teen Mission Committee and Teen Mission Coordinator.
- If acceptance is denied, based on the above conditions, the applicant will receive a full refund.