Each Teen Mission participant is required to obtain trip cancellation and interruption insurance that includes emergency evacuation and cancel for any reason benefits. Teen Mission recommends procuring this travel insurance through Travel Insurance Center (Israel), which can be purchased as part of the application.
Details regarding Travel Insurance Center (Israel)’s insurance:
This plan offers cancellation due to covered events including:
Medical (traveler or immediate family member)
Cancel for Any Reason
This plan enables you, the parent, to cancel the trip for any reason up to 48 hours prior to departure for a return of 75% of the trip costs – no matter what the reason. A complete 100% return of trip costs apply if the cancellation is due to a covered event.
In addition to trip cancellation, this plan includes the following benefits:
Pre-Departure Trip Cancellation: 100% Trip Cost
Post-Departure Trip Interruption: 150% Of Trip Cost
Cancel For Any Reason (C.F.A.R.): 75% of non-refundable Trip Cost
Travel Delay: $150 Per Day $750 Maximum
Emergency Evacuation: $100,000
24 Hour Travel Assistance Services: Included
This is a summary of benefits. Please refer to the policy wording for a complete description. All benefits subject to plan exclusions.
Standard travel insurance policy does not insure for war, civil unrest, civil upheaval, instability, travel alerts, and travel warnings (thus effectively excluding terrorism coverage for those travelling to Israel).
Cancel for Any Reason: This coverage will allow you to cancel for any reason for a return of up to 75% of trip costs. Please see policy certificate for exact wording. All benefits subject to policy exclusions.
To be eligible for this CFAR coverage: – All prepaid nonrefundable trip costs must be included. – Cancellation must be made 48 hours more prior to departure date (claims dept is open only on weekdays).
Payment of policy is directly to your camp/school/trip organizer.
EXCLUSIONS: Benefits are not payable for the following:
• resulting from suicide, attempted suicide or any intentionally self-inflicted injury while sane or insane (states may vary);
• due to a mental or nervous condition, unless hospitalized;
• resulting from an act of declared or undeclared war;
• while participating in maneuvers or training exercises of an armed service;
• while riding, driving or participating in races, or speed or endurance contests; while mountaineering (engaging in the sport of scaling mountains generally requiring the use of picks, ropes, or other special equipment);
• while participating as a member of a team in an organized sporting competition;
• while participating in skydiving, hang gliding, bungee cord jumping, scuba diving or deep sea diving;
• while piloting or learning to pilot or acting as a member of the crew of any aircraft;
• received as a result or consequence of being Intoxicated, as specifically defined in the Certificate, or under the influence of any controlled substance unless administered on the advice of a Legally Qualified Physician;
• to which a contributory cause was the commission of or attempt to commit a felony or being engaged in an illegal occupation;
• due to normal childbirth, normal pregnancy through the first 9 months of pregnancy or voluntarily induced abortion;
• for dental treatment (except as coverage is otherwise specifically provided herein);
• which exceed the Maximum Benefit Amount for each attached coverage as shown in the Schedule of Coverage and Services:
• or; due to a Pre-existing Condition, as defined in the Certificate. The Pre-existing Condition Limitation does not apply to:
(a) Emergency Medical Evacuation, Medical Repatriation and Return of Remains coverage;
(b) to coverage purchased prior to Your final Trip payment.
1. This group plan is subject to at least 10 persons purchasing this plan.
2. Policy must be purchased before final trip payment.
3. Entire trip cost must be insured. (including airfare, taxes, subsidies, etc).
4. Eligibility: Full time students until age 35. Adult chaperones can enroll, up to 20% of group size. USA residents.
This material is provided for information purposes only and is not intended to be a representation of coverage that may exist in any particular situation under a policy issued by one of the companies within the Crum & Forster Enterprise. All conditions of coverage, terms, and limitations are defined and provided for in the policy. C&F, Crum & Forster, and Fairmont Specialty are registered trademarks of United States Fire Insurance Company. The Crum & Forster Enterprise, which is part of Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited, is comprised of leading and well-established property and casualty business units. The insurance companies within the Enterprise, rated A (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company, are: United States Fire Insurance Company, The North River Insurance Company, Crum and Forster Insurance Company, Crum & Forster Indemnity Company, Crum & Forster Specialty Insurance Company, Seneca Insurance Company, Inc., Seneca Specialty Insurance Company, First Mercury Insurance Company, and American Underwriters Insurance Company. Travel Assistance Services are provided by an independent organization and not by United States Fire Insurance Company or Travel Insured International.